What will you be focusing on in the role?
The Sourcing & Category Management Specialist is responsible for handling procurement functions on behalf of the customers through execution. Sourcing Execution Specialist must appropriately manage customer projects to exceed customer expectations and will require a combination of hands-on contract management and shared service coordination.
- Establish, maintain and manage relationship between customer and supplier
- Implement and support enforcement of buying and contracting processes
- Define and manage contractual and supplier relationships
- Effectively raise issues/concerns proactively and present options for resolution
- Leverage Category Knowledge team to monitor category trends and conduct market research as needed to be incorporated into Sourcing Strategy and Category Plans
- Analyze spend
- Build and manage baseline data (spend, requisition/pay order (PO) process, supplier/user behavior and procurement practices) using external expertise as needed
- Develop sourcing and contrcting strategy and process for our clients
- Develop supplier evaluation and selection criteria as part of agreed procurement strategy
- Coordinate and respond to sales support requests as necessary
- Identify and evaluate incumbent and potential suppliers by applying established evaluation and selection criteria
- Manage all negotiation and contract development processes
- Direct a variety of sourcing objectives including manual negotiations, traditional Request for Proposal (RFP) and various online sourcing opportunities (including competitive bids and complex downward auctions)
- Review operational results and identify opportunities for process changes and additional spend savings
- Refine current sourcing strategy and recommend suggestions for improvement
- Formulate procurement and category-specific policies and lead implementation
- Partner with the Global Category Directors to develop and execute category strategy
- Accountable for contract management process on behalf of the customers for all commodities
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and execute within parameters set forth in customers’ Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Drive savings on behalf of our customers by conducting opportunity assessments/ risk analysis/ Return on Investment(ROI) analysis
- Develop spend and savings forecasts for categories under management.
- Understand customers’ procurement policies and work towards improving compliance of end users.
In addition to that, big scope of your work will heavily focus on stakeholder relationship management and establishing metrics (Spend/Saving Tracker, Key Performance Indicators(KPIs), Service Level Agreements(SLAs)), etc.
What will you benefit from?
- Gain exposure to all aspects of sourcing process, starting with the Budgeting process and culminating in Negotiations and Contracting
- Opportunity to lead global projects, working with team members and customer stakeholders on multiple continents
- Lead multiple challenging projects with aggressive timelines across industries and geographies
- Expand and enhance supplier and customer management skills
- Improve project management skills
- Deepen category-expertise and knowledge specific to goods and services and bring added value to sourcing projects and advance career development
- Ability to gain people management experience with time
What we would like you to possess:
- minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Source-to-Pay processes, or extensive experience in the specific category required
- Proficiency in French language except for English would be very nice to have
- Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple end-to-end acquisition project cycles
- Experience in online sourcing platforms such as Ariba
- Analytical skills – ability to identify and develop efficient ways of handling data problems within critical timelines
- Ability to work with large quantities of data and convert it to a comprehensible result
- Focus on automation, processes and innovation
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point
- Travel could be up to 10% in this role
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.