The position holder will be located in the office in Prague; nonetheless, part of the Hungarian team located in Budapest
The position holder will be eventually co-responsible for managing the correct recording of all relevant business transactions for the respective period. Furthermore, she/he is to support monthly, quarterly and year-end closing in compliance with the local GAAP along with the IFRS reconciliation, as well as local reporting towards the National Bank of Hungary and Tax Reporting (VAT, withholding Tax).
In addition, given the start-up phase of the Hungarian company, the position holder is to actively support and contribute to development and enhancement of the accounting system in close cooperation with other colleagues in the Cluster Czech Republic/ Slovakia / Hungary.
- Accounting Activities (Time components: 60%)
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts receivables of the core business (finance/ leasing, insurance, wholesale)
- Manage contract activation, handling of daily payments, issued / received invoices, etc.
- Support monthly, quarterly closing in accordance with local GAAP and collaborate with Cluster Accountant to reconcile to IFRS
- Support regular reporting to local authorities, specifically National Bank Hungary, ad hoc request for local statutory auditors
- Support tax duties arising from local law/ requirements, including income, withholding Tax, VAT
- Project Activities (Time components: 30%)
- Define required accounting system enhancement / improvement, and report any system defects
- Communicate (both in writing and verbally) and cooperate with relevant stakeholders within the Cluster Czech Republic/ Slovakia / Hungary (i.e. IT, business development, other departments, etc.)
- Test the enhancements and provide test result to the relevant colleagues
- Process Activities (Time components: 10%)
- Review processes and propose improvement to achieve higher automation / digitalization and efficiency
- Drive innovation towards improving customer experience
- University degree in Finance, specialization on International Accounting desirable
- Solid knowledge of Hungarian local GAAP
- Local tax knowledge desirable
- Fluency in Hungarian and English is a must, Czech/Slovak of big advantage
- Willingness to travel within the Cluster and undergo training in Budapest (up to 3 months)
- Motivating financial remuneration including an annual bonus dependent on company and personal results
- 25 days of vacation
- Modern offices and the possibility of occasional work from home
- Support for further education and personal growth incl. language courses
- Attractive life insurance package
- Contribution for pension ensurance
- Edenred Benefit Card
- Canteen and excellent coffee
- Working in a friendly team with a sense of humor, summer and winter team building activities and a family atmosphere throughout the company
Driving business success. Accelerating personal success.
For more than 70 years, Manpower has been dedicated to enriching people’s lives with meaningful employment and development opportunities, and providing companies with innovative workforce solutions that help them increase agility, improve productivity and boost the bottom line. We started with a single office as a temporary staffing service – perhaps the first business of its kind. Today, all around the world, we provide this service and so much more, including permanent placement, workforce programs and workforce insight and innovation – all designed to optimize human potential and provide businesses with a key competitive advantage.
We began as an industry pioneer. And we remain at the forefront as a recognized thought leader in the changing world of work. With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the peerless expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future. Few companies can match Manpower’s history of growth – or our continued progress as we enter the Human Age.
Take a look at where we’ve been and who we are today. Our presence. Our leaders. Our vision and values. You’ll see an unwavering commitment to our clients’ and candidates’ success.