At AT&T we are redefining the future of communication by connecting people to greater possibility – with expertise, simplicity, and inspiration.
At the heart of our purpose lies a diverse workforce of 200,000 people and a culture that aspires to serve customers first, act boldly, move faster, and win as one.
Our Product Development group, part of AT&T’s Technology Services (ATS) organization, is responsible for building software-based products, services, and platforms that our customers love and need.
Harnessing technology and rebuilding software expertise, the team is inspiring simplicity with projects that deliver revenue and cost savings opportunities.
We are hiring an engineer of full stack development with a strong background in cross-platform software engineering and experience with delivering projects. This opportunity will support the transformation of our industry standard order and delivery management systems. You will work on new and existing features, enhancements, and defect resolution on one or more of AT&T’s software systems and platforms. The position requires close collaboration with U.S based Product Management, Business Systems, and Operations teams throughout system development life cycles.
You will have experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and are expected to have good teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills. You will need a deep understanding of software methodologies and the ability to balance technical expertise and acumen.
• Design, implement, and trouble-shoot scalable and reusable software systems: 3-tier and cloud-based systems
• Actively support configuration management of code and software
• Support detailed documentation of systems and features
• Act as liaison between external vendors and internal product, business, engineering, and design teams
• Provide technical leadership to build, motivate, guide, scale, and mentor team members including performance management coaching
• Actively participate in coding exercises and peer code reviews as part of the development life cycles and change management
• Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Ideally 5-7+ years of full stack engineering experience.
• Strong technical leadership and project delivery including via vendors.
• Extensive experience, ideally a minimum of 5-7+ years in the following:
o Software architecture
o Database concepts: relational, NoSQL, and modeling.
o Backend preference – Java / Python / Node.js
o Frameworks: React (preferred), AngularJS, Vue.js.
o Web API experience and architectural styles (e.g., REST).
o Code reviews and analyzers.
o Network protocol and tools experience (e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP(S), IPv4, etc.).
• Considerable experience, ideally a minimum of 4+ years in the following:
o Test automation development (e.g., Selenium, Cypress, etc.).
o Configuration management experience (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
• Experience in the following areas would be desirable.
o Cloud-based technologies (e.g., Azure, AWS)
o Containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
o Software methodologies (e.g., waterfall, scrum).
o ServiceNow, Salesforce and TM Forum Open APIs a plus.
Bachelor level degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or related field of study.
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. We offer a competitive salary plus an annual company performance bonus. Once you are a part of the team, you will gain some amazing perks and benefits including wellness & leisure time contribution, sickness compensation plan, premium medical services, family friendly benefits as well as meal contribution and an extra days off (…and much more).
This is a hybrid-flex worker position where our preference is for you to be present with your team in the office at least 1-3 times per week. Travel between our locations in Brno/Bratislava is expected from time-to-time.
EMEA, approx. 9am-5,30pm (with some flexibility)
Ready to find out more? Apply today!
AT&T has been changing the way people live, work and play for more than 140 years.
It started with Alexander Graham Bell’s telephone. Since then, our legacy of innovation has included the invention of the transistor – the building block of today’s digital world – as well as the solar cell, the communications satellite and machine learning.
We don’t just transform the world, we keep it connected.