The position is open at the leading investment institution with long history starting in 17th century. The company has one of the strongest technology hubs in Prague, that is why they continuously increase it. IT department develops different kinds of applications for financial markets with the use of the most modern technologies. The company is very reliable and stable, they made new acquisitions during previous financial crisis in 2008-2009 and they have been continuing to hire new employees during Covid-19 crisis in 2020. The employer makes a lot of efforts to create really good working conditions and constructive environment for its employees. The purpose of the company is to be the best employer for technologists, and they are successful in this.
You will work on the complete re-building of the core risk system which delivers over 4 million trades daily. You will also do integration of QA analytics in C++ based Engine. You will work in a geographically remote team of approximately 10 people, 4-5 of them are in Prague hub and will report to you.
The role is open in Prague or remote cooperation is possible for Czech residents. EU candidates are welcome to relocate to Prague.
- Technical leadership of the team
- Design and hands-on development of a distributed cross-asset trade pricing solution for EOD and intra-day risk using C++ 11/17, Visual Studio, SQL Server, producing SOLID code with excellent test coverage
- Delivery of the solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity and internal testing frameworks
- Working in Kanban software delivery process backed by Jira/Git/BitBucket tooling with strong emphasis on code reviews and team collaboration
- Building a strong rapport with developers and business analysts within the division
- Communication with business product owners for architecture decisions related to pricing
- Combination of C++ (boost library) and C#. Knowledge of one of the languages on a very high level + being comfortable to learn and use another language
- Server-side development, multi-threaded code
- Agile development experience (preferably Scrum or Kanban)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline
- Understanding of PDE/Monte-Carlo numerical techniques and its application to real-life problems
- Development in scripting language (e.g. Python) and database development (ideally, SQL Server) and in-memory data grid and/or noSQL technologies (e.g. GridGain, Mongo)
- Experience with ELK, distributed systems (e.g. Data Synapse, NServiceBus) and messaging (e.g. Solace, RabbitMQ)
- Automation / DevOps experience
- Experience with leading people
You will be working in the elite club of the strongest developers in the place which cares about you and your passion. You will find here lots of opportunities for growth, rotation and mobility. Wide range of benefits, training sessions and informal activities together with above-average salary and re-location package for EU candidates is provided.
Driving business success. Accelerating personal success.
For more than 70 years, Manpower has been dedicated to enriching people’s lives with meaningful employment and development opportunities, and providing companies with innovative workforce solutions that help them increase agility, improve productivity and boost the bottom line. We started with a single office as a temporary staffing service – perhaps the first business of its kind. Today, all around the world, we provide this service and so much more, including permanent placement, workforce programs and workforce insight and innovation – all designed to optimize human potential and provide businesses with a key competitive advantage.
We began as an industry pioneer. And we remain at the forefront as a recognized thought leader in the changing world of work. With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the peerless expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future. Few companies can match Manpower’s history of growth – or our continued progress as we enter the Human Age.
Take a look at where we’ve been and who we are today. Our presence. Our leaders. Our vision and values. You’ll see an unwavering commitment to our clients’ and candidates’ success.