We are now looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join the internal IT department of an international oil and gas company in Prague.
– Design, implement and maintain network equipment and infrastructure including networking (Cisco, Juniper) and firewall (CheckPoint) equipment and solutions.
– Establish and maintain VPN connections based on different technologies and solutions
– Cooperate as part of a team including application support specialists, basic infrastructure and vendors
– Incident management – support for core infrastructure, ensure availability of services
– Problem management – troubleshoot problems, resolving standard and non-standard issues, implementing fixes
– Configuration and customization of networking parameters
– Change management – ensuring smooth implementation of changes in infrastructure and documenting change
– Projects – participating in development, testing, implementation of change
– Operational controlling and monitoring of key processes and data flows
– 3+ years’ experience in deployment and maintenance of networking and firewall solutions from different vendors (CheckPoint, Cisco, Juniper)
– Minimum 2 years’ experience in the maintenance of local and global networks within a large scale organization with different geographical locations.;
– Deep knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, IP switching and routing, some specific protocols within IP (e.g. BGP, OSPF, etc).
– Maintenance of documentation for networking, experience with design of documentation is an asset;
– Written and spoken knowledge of English
– Regular office working hours, Monday to Friday
– A chance to work in a strong, secure international team environment Competitive salary
– 25 Days vacation
– Meal Vouchers Other company benefits are also available
– Long-term advancement within the company is possible
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV in English language and a brief covering letter to Dominic Williams
About Dorset Management s.r.o.
Dorset Recruitment is your partner to solve your staffing needs in the Czech Republic. Now in our fourth year, we have been successfully placing talented employees into our client’s companies across a wide range of different businesses and industries, both large and small.
Our pro-active team of consultants seek to build long-lasting partnerships with our clients and genuinely find ways to add value to your hiring process and decision making. We recognise that each company is different and we are flexible enough to offer tailor-made solutions to fit with your business. We can assure you that our service will be responsive, practical, and importantly, provide the results that you need.