We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to develop Avionics controllers for a broad portfolio of projects. From controllers for environmental control systems to controllers for electrical aircraft, you will be part of a team working with unique technology and shaping the future of flying.
Are you ready to become a pioneer in developing future aerospace technologies? Keep reading…
· Development and certification of the real-time embedded control aviation software for various applications (Life Support Systems, Flight Control Actuation, Auxiliary Power Units etc.)
· The software development includes the design, implementation, testing and documentation in accordance with DO-178C guidelines
· Close cooperation with other development teams in UK and US
· Additional work includes the development of tools to aid in the software development processes
· University degree in computer science, electrical, electronic, or mechatronics engineering
· Knowledge of C development
· Excellent English language command
· Communication skills – you will be in regular communication with team members
· Capability and willingness to travel
· Embedded design knowledge (MCUs and their peripheries and communication protocols – I2C, SPI, CAN)
· EU and US citizenship
· Knowledge of Windows/Unix scripting languages (e.g. Python)
· Experience with Matlab/Simulink
· Commercial airborne standards overview (DO-178C)
· Experience in all phases of the software development life cycle (i.e. design, implementation, testing) and their optimization
· Knowledge of software design tools (e.g. Rational Rose)
· Software configuration management tools experience (e.g. ClearCase, SVN)
· Experience with the real-time OS
· Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS, TeamCenter, ClearQuest)
· A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
· Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
· Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
· Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
· Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
· Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
· Business travel accident insurance
· Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
· Multisport card – employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
· Global partnerships and discounts – access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?