We have an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to support Next Generation Avionics and BendixKing design activities (design, development, verification, and validation), primarily Auto Flight Control System for Urban Air Mobility and General Aviation markets.
· Design and model-based development of Auto Flight Control Systems for Urban Air Mobility and general aviation aircraft, including requirements definition (e.g. Auto Pilot, Flight Director, etc.)
· Design and development of analysis and automated tests to ensure validity and to verify functionality against system and software requirements
· Maintenance requirements definition, design and analysis of software monitors used to determine fault reporting, fault isolation, and fault consolidation of the Autopilot Computers/Control Modules and various subsystems
· Determination of an optimal design that meets customer requirements and is also scalable and portable to the greatest extent possible to other, future platforms
· Support of upgrades of BendixKing portfolio – autopilots, ADAHRS, attitude indicator, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
· 2 years’ experience with Control Systems or Aerospace Systems Engineering in the length of 2+ years
· Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink
· Good command of English language
· Analytical ability
· Self – starter, motivated to take initiative and able to work independently
· Good communications skills
· Aerospace enthusiasm or knowledge of the environment
· Analytical ability
· Interested to work in fast-paced, global business environment
· Experience with object-oriented computer language (C++ or otherwise) and script languages (Perl, Python..)
· A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation
· Market-specific training and ongoing personal development
· Being part of an established multicultural team with solid know-how in aerospace field
· Professional development plans – you will become experienced in using outstanding technology
· Extra-week of holiday, semi-flexible working hours
· Contributory pension scheme matched by employer up to specific amount
· Business travel accident insurance
· Online flexible benefit program for a broad scope of benefits in the areas of sports, culture, education, health, travel and other
· Multisport card – employees free or discounted access to leisure and sport facilities in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
· Global partnerships and discounts – access to broad scope services including purchase and servicing of cars, employee phone tariffs, bank accounts, medical footwear, hairdresser, or restaurants
· Possibility to complete private pilot license – mostly covered by Honeywell
If this is your dream role, then we’d love to hear from you.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?