At the role of an IT Engineer L2, you will primarily focus on the following:
Remote IT Support:
• Responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems that cover a multitude of technical disciplines.
• Provide internal escalation support for the IT Engineer I.
• Focus on server and network services such as troubleshooting layer 2/3 networking connectivity issues on routers and switches and managing the loss of single WAN circuits with the relevant network provider.
• Where appropriate, will deep dive system logs to troubleshoot operating system issues on servers and thin clients.
• Planning and executing change management (CM)
• Troubleshoot and maintain all camera systems which are installed to support production processes
Remote Robotics Support:
• Maintain Kiva (robotized material handling system) scripts and station agent, and where appropriate, engage with local support to troubleshoot.
• Maintain and upgrade MHS and Kiva Control Systems (KCS), and troubleshoot software issues.
• Respond to auto generated Kiva system health notifications, as well as performing system restarts, configuration changes, map updates, cluster restarts and resolving Kiva Safety System failures.
• Candidate should possess superior customer service skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment.
• Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
• Demonstrated experience delivering direct user support in a high availability environment.
• Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated.
• Must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact with internal customers in a professional manner.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Candidate must haves a basic understanding of core internet technologies – DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems
• Must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and have demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux Operating System, Thin Client Infrastructure devices, and remote access systems.
• MySQL training and/or experience
• Fluency in (English and German) or (Engish and French)
• To have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
Preferred but not required:
• B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or related technical area.
• Demonstrated experience with Windows/Mac/Linux Operating Systems
• Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
• Certifications in areas of core support responsibility – A+, MCSA, MSCE, Network+, CCNA
• Experience providing phone based technical support and troubleshooting to a wide range of technical and non-technical users
• Experience with remote access and Terminal Server / Citrix environments
Applicants need to be flexible with regards to their working hours as this position involves supporting production hours as required, which includes overtime (sometimes at short notice). It is on a rotating shift based schedule which could be covering weekends and / or weekdays.
The client offers an inclusive company culture and multiple fringe benefits.