Originally Czech company that had grown into the largest Central European betting operator is looking for a JAVA development team Lead
Do you have knowledge of modern trends in web development, Java, Java-based open-source technologies and DevOps? If yes and you would like to take up responsibility for the technical leadership of Java developement team, let us know!
Team Leader will be responsible for:
- Development of events processing system (java microservices)
- Maintenance and subsequent refactoring of legacy systems
- Team capacity and resource planning
- Cooperate with other teams, product owners, scrum masters and third-party vendors
- Ensure that the code developed by the team is high-quality
- Ensure that documentation is produced
- Ensure the code is covered by automated tests to a reasonable extent
- Understand and contribute to the technical solution from design to code and unit testing
- Work with IT architects to specify the technical solution+
- Mentor individual team members, support positive morale within the team
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience with SW development, at least 2 of which should be modern backend-specific Java or similar object-oriented language
- Experience working in the gaming/betting industry is a big plus
- Proven technical leadership and deep technical expertise
- Awareness and interest of modern frameworks and technologies, especially Java 8 and 10, Spring Boot, Kubernetes and message systems
- Experience with design or implementation of high-availability and high-performance architecture
- Knowledge of common integration patterns, e.g. messaging queues (esp. RabbitMQ), OOD, design patterns, unit tests, build systems, version control systems (esp. Git)
- Additionally knowledge of NoSQL DBs (esp. Elastic, Mongo) is an advantage
- Experience with agile development or Devops
- Good verbal and written communication knowledge of English language
- Annual bonus
- Cafeteria plan and electronic meal vouchers
- Discounts and promotions by our partners and Penta group companies (e.g. Dr. Max Pharmacies: Gold Partner)
- Flexible working hours
- Home office (up to 10 days per month)
- 5 weeks of vacation
- An interesting and challenging job of a successful international group at the Prague headquarters (informal international teams, communication in English on daily basis)
- No dress code
- Various events for employees (sports and corporate events, internal competition for tickets for sports and social events etc.)
- Brand new offices in the Churchill office complex
- Our own café, relaxing zone, gym and great amenities around the office
Driving business success. Accelerating personal success.
For more than 70 years, Manpower has been dedicated to enriching people’s lives with meaningful employment and development opportunities, and providing companies with innovative workforce solutions that help them increase agility, improve productivity and boost the bottom line. We started with a single office as a temporary staffing service – perhaps the first business of its kind. Today, all around the world, we provide this service and so much more, including permanent placement, workforce programs and workforce insight and innovation – all designed to optimize human potential and provide businesses with a key competitive advantage.
We began as an industry pioneer. And we remain at the forefront as a recognized thought leader in the changing world of work. With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the peerless expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future. Few companies can match Manpower’s history of growth – or our continued progress as we enter the Human Age.
Take a look at where we’ve been and who we are today. Our presence. Our leaders. Our vision and values. You’ll see an unwavering commitment to our clients’ and candidates’ success.