Duration: 3-5 months
Commitment: from 2 days per week to full-time commitment
Compensation: no financial compensation / Erasmus+ scholarship
Years of Experience required: none
Office: Malinovskeho namesti 4, Brno
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and kick-off your career as a journalist, even before graduation!
We are looking for someone creative and enthusiastic, with a passion for writing and a good nose for news to join our team. Not only will you be reporting on daily events in the city and region, you will also be pitching and writing interesting and captivating stories that make your readers come back for more. If you love a good challenge, master the English language fluently, and have fantastic writing skills and lots of enthusiasm, this is the internship for you.
At Brno Daily, we care about keeping our content up-to-date, easy, and interesting. We offer room to perfect your writing skills and express your creativity in a positive working environment. Here, we appreciate everybody’s ideas, and greatly value teamwork. During your internship, you will become a vital part of our team, and most of the coffee you make will be for yourself.
- Working in a young team in a fast growing company
- A supportive work environment for professional and personal development
- Meeting interesting people, attending various culture events, and seeing new places
- Great addition to your CV – hands-on experience in media
- Practical experience in working for a magazine and news outlet
- The opportunity to build your portfolio
- Daily guidance and assistance
- Office refreshments
- Be a student of a local university or be eligible to participate in Erasmus+ program or any other scholarship program as this internship is unpaid.
- Have near-native proficiency in English
- Have great writing skills
- Be creative and innovative (not just a phrase – we are seeking active people who will bring new ideas)
- Be precise and punctual (you are capable of meeting deadlines)
- Be stress-resilient (you don’t budge under the stress and pressure of writing articles that need speed, such as breaking news)
People who also like photography and videography are more than welcome to apply!
Do you want to get real experience working as a journalist? Please send your resume and short cover letter with a subject line: ERASMUS INTERN BRNO DAILY.
About Brno Daily
Brno Daily has been listed in Google News as a reliable local source of news in English.