We work with a world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Systems Integration, Telecommunications and Informatics just to name very few of the many sectors among their business portfolio. Holding operation centers in more than 70 countries worldwide, this corporation is globally recognized as the “next generation” business consulting market player. Proudly ranked among the most innovative companies to work for by reputable magazines like The Wall Street Journal. A truly unique opportunity to be part of a corporation in market expansion venture.
The General Ledger (GL) team has a crucial role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information that impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. The team plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Team Leader oversees and coordinates preparation, approval, and review of journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation, US GAAP standards, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Coordination of regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments.
- Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations, approval and review.
- Recurring and ad hoc journal entries approval and review.
- Supervise and coordinate the team in key deliverables, ensuring SLAs are met.
- Provide Accounting guidance and support.
- Maintain up to date process documentation.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for processes partially or fully owned by CSS.
- Drive process improvement and standardization initiatives.
- Assure compliance to internal policies and procedures (SOX, Segregation of duties, etc.)
- Directly support internal and external audits.
- Cooperate with internal and external stakeholders at different seniority levels.
- Drive and coordinate migration of new activities to CSS.
- Team Coaching and performance management.
- Manage team resourcing and initiate recruitment of new staff.
- Providing strategic inputs within GL management team.
THE IDEAL PROFILE
- Finance / Accounting / Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Three or more years of GL accounting or finance controlling experience.
- Two or more years of proven experience leading and developing teams.
- MS Office skills, specifically Excel.
- SAP systems knowledge is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude.
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail, problem solving, and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term priorities independently.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continue professional growth.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- State of the art office building in centric part of Prague.
About People Place & Partners a.s.
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists. Plain and straight forward, our goal is to put together Best & Best.
Talent Recruitment Support Consultant
mobile +420 605 247 928
Address: Halkova 2, Prague 120 00
Country: Czech Republic