ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a world leader in the sector of business consulting, offering services in the field of Finance, Systems Integration, Telecommunications and Informatics among many others. With operation centers in more than 70 countries worldwide, today this corporation is a globally recognized leader of the “next generation” of business consulting with a reported revenue of billions of dollars. As an employer, not only that is our client ranked among the most innovative companies to work for in business-focused publications such as The Wall Street Journal, but your progression and professional growth is equally as important, as you have a say in where your career goes within the organization. This is not only a good chance to get the job you are looking for, but an opportunity to improve your skills and professional experience at the international level and with a globally-known corporation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The General Ledger (GL) team has a crucial role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information that impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. The team plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Team Leader oversees and coordinates preparation, approval, and review of journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation, US GAAP standards, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
- Coordination of regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments
- Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations, approval and review
- Recurring and ad hoc journal entries approval and review
- Supervise and coordinate the team in key deliverables, ensuring SLAs are met
- Provide Accounting guidance and support
- Maintain up to date process documentation
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for processes partially or fully owned by CSS
- Drive process improvement and standardization initiatives
- Assure compliance to internal policies and procedures (SOX, Segregation of duties, etc.)
- Directly support internal and external audits
- Cooperate with internal and external stakeholders at different seniority levels
- Drive and coordinate migration of new activities to CSS
- Team Coaching and performance management
- Manage team resourcing and initiate recruitment of new staff
- Providing strategic inputs within GL management team
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Finance / Accounting / Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred
- Three or more years of GL accounting or finance controlling experience
- Two or more years of proven experience leading and developing teams >10
- MS Office skills, specifically Excel
- SAP systems knowledge is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude
- Analytical thinking, attention to detail, problem solving, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term priorities independently
- Competitive remuneration.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- State of the art office building in Prague center.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- Extensive training and coaching.
- Perspective projects with an international scope.
- Positive and social working environment.
About People Place & Partners
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market.
Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place & Partners helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.