Our client, a Fortune 300 corporation, is a world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in over 50 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs over 700 employees across 5 divisions and business segments, support services and internal operations.
The General Ledger Accountant is an integral role within the Financial Accounting Prague team responsible for delivering month-end financial information that impacts Balance Sheets. This position plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. Within this role you will be responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation and US GAAP standards.
* Regular month end closing activities
* General Ledger accounts reconciliations
* Recurring and ad hoc journal entries to keep accurate accounting records
* Pre-Billing initiations
* Various reports distribution
* Purchase orders review and financial approving
* Invoice approval
* Clearing of transactions on a monthly basis
* Identifying and suggesting process improvement opportunities
* Complying internal policies and procedures
* Supporting internal and external audits as requested
* Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned
* Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners
* Maintaining up to date process documentation
* Finance/ Accounting/ Economics or Business Administration university degree is preferred
* Minimum 6 months of bookkeeping or accounting experience (AP, AR, GL, Fixed Assets, Treasury accounting, Accounting Assistant)
* Good understanding of finance policies and procedures
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills in English
* MS Office skills (advanced level of Excel)
* System knowledge of SAP would be an advantage
* Good Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude
* Good analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
* Capable of operating in an environment where clear communication, accuracy, timeliness and compliance are key
* Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm for making process improvements
* Attractive corporate benefit package (including meal vouchers, 5 weeks of holidays, flexible working hours and home office)
* Permanent contract
* Modern offices in Prague center
* Constant personal development and trainings possibilities
* Daily use of foreign languages
* Free refreshments in the workplace
* Opportunity to be part of projects
* Positive, international and relaxed working environment
* Social events and team building activities
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists. Plain and straight forward, our goal is to put together Best & Best.
To apply, please send us your CV. I look forward to receiving your application and will be happy to answer any of your questions and provide you with further details about the position.
Tereza Barakova – Senior Talent Recruitment Consultant
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.