We work with a Fortune 300 corporation, world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in more than 50 countries worldwide across a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs well over 700 team members across various business segments, support services and internal operations.
This position is an integral role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information which impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. It plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. You would be responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation, US GAAP standards, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- General Ledger accounts reconciliations.
- Regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments
- Journal entries to keep accurate accounting records
- Pre-Billing initiations
- Accounts Payable Processing – includes posting and parking high volumes of invoices based on the intercompany processes through the journals
- Various reports distribution and Invoice approval
- Determining and posting unrealized foreign exchange gains/losses
- Preparing settlement EFT’s for Treasury after confirmation within intercompany entities is completed
- Maintaining the database – initiating Income Withholding Order
- Requesting pricing from project managers, setting up coding in cooperation with the Master Data team
- Supporting internal and external audits as requested
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned
- Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners
THE IDEAL PROFILE
- Finance/Accounting/Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred
- Ideally experience in a similar position (within an international Shared Service Centre is preferred)
- Good understanding of finance policies and procedures
- Good level of MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, other European language will be an asset
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong processes orientation, knowledge of process design tools
- Proactive and strong analytical skills
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Must have a strong work ethic
- 35.000 CZK – 40.000 CZK per month / DOE (depending on experience)
- Extensive corporate benefits package including Home office and 25 days of holiday
- International working environment
- All relevant training and coaching for your continue professional growth
- Accessible and supportive management
- Free refreshments in the workplace
- Social events and team building activities
- State of the art office building in centric part of Prague
About People Place
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists.
I look forward to hear from you.
Senior Talent Recruitment Consultant
mobile +420 605 115 072
Address: Halkova 2, Prague 120 00