We work together with our partner, a Fortune 300 corporation, world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in over 50 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs over 700 employees across 5 divisions and business segments, support services and internal operations.
The General Ledger Accountant is an integral role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information which impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. This position plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with legislation.
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments.
- General Ledger accounts reconciliations.
- Journal entries to keep accurate accounting records.
- Pre-Billing initiations.
- Various reports distribution and Invoice approval.
- Purchase orders review and Financial approving.
- Clearing of transactions on BS accounts on a monthly basis.
- Identifying and suggesting process improvement opportunities.
- Complying internal policies and procedures.
- Supporting internal and external audits as requested.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned.
- Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners.
THE IDEAL PROFILE
- Finance/Accounting/Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred.
- Good understanding of finance policies and procedures.
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience or strong theoretical knowledge of (GL, AP, AR or fixed assets)
- Good level of MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- Capable of operating in an environment where clear communication, accuracy, timeliness and compliance are key.
- Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm for making process improvements.
- Extensive corporate benefits package.
- International working environment.
- All relevant training and coaching for your continue professional growth.
- Accessible and supportive management.
- Free refreshments in the workplace.
- Social events and team building activities.
- State of the art office building in centric part of Prague.
About People Place
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists. Plain and straight forward, our goal is to put together Best & Best.
Please, contact me at any time should you have any questions or queries or to apply directly:
Talent Recruitment Support Consultant
Mobile: +420 605 247 928
Address: Halkova 2, Prague 2, 120 00
Country: Czech Republic