ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
We work with a Fortune 300 corporation, world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in more than 50 countries worldwide across a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs well over 700 team members across various business segments, support services and internal operations.
The General Ledger (GL) accountant is an integral role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information that impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. This position plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation, US GAAP standards, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
– Regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments
– General Ledger accounts reconciliations
– Recurring and ad hoc journal entries to keep accurate accounting records
– Pre-Billing initiations
– Various reports distribution – e.g. P/L reports, Labor reports, Expense reports, CAPEX
– Purchase orders review and Financial approving
– Invoice approval
– Clearing of transactions on BS accounts on monthly basis
– Identifying and suggesting process improvement opportunities
– Complying internal policies and procedures (SOX, Segregation of duties, etc.)
– Supporting internal and external audits as requested
– Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned
– Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners
– Maintaining up to date process documentation
– Finance / Accounting / Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred
– Bookkeeping or accounting experience (GL, AP, AR or fixed assets)
– Good understanding of finance policies and procedures
– MS Office skills, specifically Excel
– Systems knowledge of SAP R3 FI/CO, BW, SRM, LN databases is desirable
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
– Good Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude
– Good analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
– Capable of operating in an environment where clear communication, accuracy, timeliness and compliance are key
– Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm for making process improvements
– Extensive corporate benefits package including 25 days of holiday and home office
– International working environment.
– All relevant training and coaching for your continue professional growth
– Accessible and supportive management
– Free refreshments in the workplace
– Social events and team building activities
– State of the art office building in centric part of Prague
About People Place
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists. Plain and straight forward, our goal is to put together Best & Best.
'I am witty and sharp redhead, a recruitment rebel of the conventional approach and a word virtuosa that turns sassiness into art :)'
Please contact me at any time should you have any questions or queries or to apply directly:
Senior Talent Recruitment Consultant | Account Management
Mobile: +420 605 115 072
Address: Halkova 2, Prague 2, 120 00
Country: Czech Republic