We work together with our partner, a Fortune 300 corporation, world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in over 50 countries worldwide supporting a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs over 700 employees across 5 divisions and business segments, support services and internal operations.
* 38.000 CZK – 48.000 CZK per month / DOE (depending on experience).
* Extensive corporate benefits package.
* International working environment.
* All relevant training and coaching for your continue professional growth.
* Accessible and supportive management.
* Free refreshments in the workplace.
* Social events and team building activities.
* State of the art office building in centric part of Prague.
The General Ledger Accountant is an integral role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information which impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. This position plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing, and controlling journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with legislation.
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
* Regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments.
* General Ledger accounts reconciliations.
* Journal entries to keep accurate accounting records.
* Pre-Billing initiations.
* Various reports distribution and Invoice approval.
* Purchase orders review and Financial approving.
* Clearing of transactions on BS accounts on a monthly basis.
* Identifying and suggesting process improvement opportunities.
* Complying internal policies and procedures.
* Supporting internal and external audits as requested.
* Taking full ownership and responsibility for the tasks assigned.
* Cooperating with internal stakeholders, Industry Vertical and Business Partners.
THE IDEAL PROFILE
* Finance/Accounting/Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred.
* Good understanding of finance policies and procedures.
* Bookkeeping/accounting experience or strong theoretical knowledge of (GL, AP, AR or fixed assets)
* Good level of MS Office skills, especially Excel.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Good Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail.
* Capable of operating in an environment where clear communication, accuracy, timeliness and compliance are key.
* Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm for making process improvements.
About People Place
About People Place
WE ARE CURATORS OF TALENT WHO DON’T LEAVE THINGS TO CHANCE
We prefer to be plain and straightforward with you. If you are looking for a traditional Recruitment Agency with traditional Recruitment Consultants, that is not us.
To put it simply, we are no fans of invisible walls between people, false etiquette or half-truths when it comes to working together with our candidates. Quite frankly careers and opportunities do mean too much for having to cut through all that noise before we get to know each other well.
When you choose us, you don’t get only an agency and a team of consultants with extraordinary experience and passion. With us, you get “the whole kit and caboodle”. You get honest and transparent relationships, you get the market knowledge and the quality consulting, you get the honest advice, you get the quality in the process and a career partner for as long as you want. You get all that for free, we get paid by our corporate clients when you succeed in getting that job you have chosen and you are happily employed. If you do not win, we do not win. Period!
Having left that clear, we are hoping to be your long-term career partner. We want to provide you with insights and information to help you when you need it. Whatever that might be, we will be constantly aiming to have it available to you through our website or our sister companies websites. One of our goals and responsibilities is to provide you with full support, well beyond your on-boarding day in your new job.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Please do not hesitate to contact me for more details or other People Place job opportunities!
Talent Sourcing Support