We work with a Fortune 300 corporation, world leader in business consulting in the fields of Finance, Telecommunications and Informatics, holding operation centers in more than 50 countries worldwide across a wide range of business disciplines. The support operations center in Prague employs well over 700 team members across various business segments, support services and internal operations.
The VAT Accountant detects and evaluates risks as well as opportunities regarding respective tax issues. He/she will ensure the completeness of assignments and compliance of budgets as well as prevention of budget overruns. He/she will be responsible for providing advice on value-added tax to the organisation as well as ensuring the organization is up-to-date on changes in tax legislation. The VAT Accountant also participates in the preparation of consultancy reports.
Within your role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Prepare VAT returns and related supporting documentation for other company entities in compliance with country tax regulations
- Ensure on-time and uninterrupted delivery of VAT returns to country tax leads
- Perform accounting activities in compliance with accounting policy
- Provide assistance of data delivery for tax inspections and statutory audits
- Work with senior financial analysts on assessing financial risk and ensuring that existing business controls are properly and timely executed
- Assist tax or finance global projects
- Develop ideas for process improvements
- Ensure the high quality service is delivered by maintaining very good relationship with country tax leads, finance representatives and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in economics/accountancy/information technology
- Requires high standard of English language proficiency
- Responsible for independently registering, consolidating and reporting the VAT balance to Tax Departments (in line with financial policy of the company and legal and tax rules)
- Applies intermediate level of tax knowledge in VAT Reporting process to solve a variety of business issues for multiple countries
- Should prove good knowledge of the process, invoices flow, applications, and tools. Supports solutions that impact accounting or VAT Reporting process for multiple countries
- Solves basic to intermediate customer inquiries. Supports the activities of VAT Analysts
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require judgment, initiative, and specialized knowledge to resolve problems and implement recommended solutions
- Flexi working hours and home office opportunity
- Extensive corporate benefits package
- International working environment
- All relevant training and coaching for your continuous professional growth
- Accessible and supportive management
- Free refreshments in the workplace
- Social events and team building activities
- State of the art office building in centric part of Prague
About People Place
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists. Plain and straightforward, our goal is to put together Best & Best.
Please, contact me at any time should you have any questions or queries or to apply directly:
Talent Recruitment Consultant
Mobile: +420 604 453 479
Address: Halkova 2, Prague 2, 120 00
Country: Czech Republic