ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
Our client is a world leader in the sector of business consulting, offering services in the field of Finance, Systems Integration, Telecommunications and Informatics among many others. With operation centers in more than 70 countries worldwide, today this corporation is a globally recognized leader of the “next generation” of business consulting with reported revenue of billions of dollars.
As an employer, our client is ranked among the most innovative companies to work for in various magazines like The Wall Street Journal. This is not only a good chance to get the job you are looking for, but also an opportunity to grow in skills and professional experience at the international level and with a globally known corporation.
The General Ledger (GL) team has a crucial role within the Financial Accounting team responsible for delivering month-end financial information that impacts Balance Sheets and P&L. The team plays a critical part in the company’s month-end close process resulting in complete and accurate financial statements. The General Ledger Team Leader oversees and coordinates preparation, approval, and review of journal entries, balance sheets, reconciliations and other relevant accounting issues in compliance with local legislation, US GAAP standards, and the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX).
• Coordination of regular month end closing activities: cost and revenue accruals/deferrals, recoding, cost allocation, various adjustments
• Balance Sheet accounts reconciliations, approval and review
• Recurring and ad hoc journal entries approval and review
• Supervise and coordinate the team in key deliverables, ensuring SLAs are met
• Provide Accounting guidance and support
• Maintain up to date process documentation
• Taking full ownership and responsibility for processes partially or fully owned by CSS
• Drive process improvement and standardization initiatives
• Assure compliance to internal policies and procedures (SOX, Segregation of duties, etc.)
• Directly support internal and external audits
• Cooperate with internal and external stakeholders at different seniority levels
• Drive and coordinate migration of new activities to CSS
• Team Coaching and performance management
• Manage team resourcing and initiate recruitment of new staff
• Providing strategic inputs within GL management team
THE IDEAL PROFILE:
• Finance / Accounting / Economics or Business Administration degree is preferred
• Three or more years of GL accounting or finance controlling experience
• Two or more years of proven experience leading and developing teams >10
• MS Office skills, specifically Excel
• SAP systems knowledge is an advantage
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent Customer Service skills and client-focus attitude
• Analytical thinking, attention to detail, problem solving, and ability to work under pressure
• Ability to think strategically, balancing long and short-term priorities independently
About People Place
About People Place
Our group has been successfully sourcing and providing talented hard-working professionals since 2001, which makes us an experienced but young Recruitment & Staffing agency in the market. Our passion is to lead through enterprise, innovation, warm-heartedness and integrity. Going the extra mile, comes as standard for us at all times.
People Place helps people shape their careers and organizations their human power. We build relationships with our candidates and we develop a client service that goes beyond business. To exceed expectations on both sides is part of our company DNA.
We look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to chat on a one-to-one basis. Discuss your goals, priorities and expectations with our HR Specialists. Plain and straight forward, our goal is to put together Best & Best.
I am witty and sharp redhead, a recruitment rebel of the conventional approach and a word virtuosa that turns sassiness into art. :)
Please contact me at any time should you have any questions or queries or to apply directly:
Talent Recruitment Consultant | Client Account Management
Mobile: +420 605 115 072
Addresss: Halkova 2, Prague 2, 120 00
Country: Czech Republic