We are currently seeking an experienced individual for a senior accountant position for one of our clients based in Prague. Our client is an established and well known international company with an amazing team who lives by their core values. They also offer a career in development planning.
The senior accountant plays an independent role within the company- the individual will be responsible for running and overseeing all accounting tasks in IFRS, training and coaching teams members while also assisting in developing financial policies, procedures, and continuous process improvements.
The main responsibilities of this position include the following:
-Interpret and review financial statements, reports, and spreadsheets
-Train and coach team members and also participating in the preparation of cross trainings
-Support team leaders and managers with ad hoc projects, and cooperation with other functions across the company
-Participate in more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members
-Prepare month-end journals and maintain general ledger records
-Analysis for assigned accounting entities
-Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations, follow up on outstanding balances
-Complex analysis of revenue and reports
-Audit necessary journal entities
-Assist in developing financial policies, procedures, systems, and processes
-Completion and review of internal-external reporting
-Execution of government reports, tax reporting, and ad hoc financial information requests
-Cooperation with internal and external auditors for completing audits
– Accountable for delivery of associated key performance indicator (KPI)
-Continuous process improvements and making recommendations based on analysis
– 2+ years of experience in accounting within a multinational organization.
– Good understanding of how finance fits into the broader strategic picture.
– Strong financial acumen and the ability to interpret and apply financial information.
– Experience with reporting of US GAAP/IFRS.
– Numerical excellence and a good understanding of best practices in financial reporting.
– Proven experience with the preparation of statutory financial statements and direct/indirect taxes.
– Strong written and spoken English, another language is an advantage.
– Good interpersonal skills, comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
– Ability to independently resolve moderate to complex problems.
– Experience working in a consulting environment, exposure to research, analysis, synthesis and problem-solving will be an added advantage.
– Experienced user in Microsoft Excel
– Flexible working hours (fix hours between 10 – 16h)
– Occasional work from home
– 5 weeks of vacation
– 5 sick days
– Cafeteria 4 000 CZK/month (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
– Meal vouchers – 100 CZK
– Contributions to ACCA (30 000 CZK)
– Contributions to accident and life insurance
– Contributions to the pension (3% from salary)
– Refreshments on the workplace (fruit and very good coffee)
– Corporate events
Note for candidate
Send us your CV in English and Czech if you have one.