For our client, a US company and leader in SW verification focusing on the security and correctness of Ethereum smart contracts, we are looking for a Senior Researcher/Data Scientist with a strong background in at least one of the following areas: automated reasoning, theorem proving, software verification, static analysis, SMT solving, or SAT solving.
They are the only company that provides automated prover technology to verify smart contracts with no false alarms, strong formal correctness guarantees, and full automation. Their customers are some of the top DeFi protocol innovators; they develop smart contracts which are small event-driven programs invoked by end-users to execute financial transactions. Bugs in smart contracts can be exploited by malicious users and can lead to losses at the scale of millions or even billions of USDs.
They are developing next-gen formal verification techniques to help top DeFis gain confidence in their contracts.
- Develop a novel and reliable program verification tool leveraging automated reasoning, static analysis, abstraction, and SMT solving to verify real programs.
- Collaborate with world-class computer scientists and researchers to drive fundamental research in formal methods and software verification.
- Communicate research ideas both internally and externally through lectures, talks, and publications at academic and industrial conferences.
- Actively participate in the mentorship of new employees and interns and ensure that they have a successful and fun experience.
- Maintain visibility in both the academic community and in the industry to continue awareness about new developments in both spheres.
- Ph.D./Masters in Computer Science or Mathematics focusing on formal methods or software verification or SAT/SMT solving.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing medium-large codebases.
- Excellent publication track record at top academic conferences in the areas of programming analysis, verification, SAT and SMT solving, or formal methods.
- Ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly develop and validate research assumptions.
- Ability to work in teams, communicate ideas with confidence, and enthusiasm.
- Experience in compilers, functional programming, static analysis, automated reasoning, and interactive theorem proving is a plus.
- We do not require any knowledge of blockchain, DeFi or smart contracts.
- Small, agile, and friendly team.
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge and challenging problems.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work from home, personal office, coworking space, or team office (based on candidate’s preferences).
- Possibility to stay in touch with academia if desired.
Driving business success. Accelerating personal success.
For more than 70 years, Manpower has been dedicated to enriching people’s lives with meaningful employment and development opportunities, and providing companies with innovative workforce solutions that help them increase agility, improve productivity and boost the bottom line. We started with a single office as a temporary staffing service – perhaps the first business of its kind. Today, all around the world, we provide this service and so much more, including permanent placement, workforce programs and workforce insight and innovation – all designed to optimize human potential and provide businesses with a key competitive advantage.
We began as an industry pioneer. And we remain at the forefront as a recognized thought leader in the changing world of work. With our global presence and local expertise, and by leveraging the peerless expertise of our parent company, ManpowerGroup, we influence how people and companies work now and how they will work in the future. Few companies can match Manpower’s history of growth – or our continued progress as we enter the Human Age.
Take a look at where we’ve been and who we are today. Our presence. Our leaders. Our vision and values. You’ll see an unwavering commitment to our clients’ and candidates’ success.