Accenture Procurement Plus is seeking a talented Procurement professional to support the Sourcing execution of IT/Technology category in the Europe Region. Accenture launched its global transformation of Procurement to Procurement Plus in September 2018, to build an organization that is closely supporting Accenture’s business, not just managing savings and purchase orders!
The IT/Technology category includes all sourcing activities involving third-party companies employed by Accenture to support Accenture’s internal and external clients’ requirements across multiple categories.
As a member of the Procurement Plus team, the successful candidate will be required to support and/or deliver sourcing projects either independently or as part of a larger sourcing team depending on complexity and duration of the sourcing projects. This may involve supporting the sales team on complex client RFPs.
The successful candidate will be expected to understand and agree each sourcing requirement, identify, plan and deliver new sourcing initiatives and take ownership for delivery against agreed cost savings and other targets. To cultivate strong relationships with suppliers, negotiate commercial terms, whilst ensuring compliance with Accenture procedures and policies.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity in support of several concurrent projects. They should always seek out innovative procurement solutions, working in partnership with suppliers and Accenture customers (through cross-functional teams as appropriate), to implement and deliver significant cost reduction and/or effective service improvement opportunities in line with delivering the best value to Accenture.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Understanding client requirements for IT & Telco and work with the client to formulate a procurement strategy to ensure delivery of services in line with the client’s expectations.
- Work with senior level stakeholders to lead and execute strategic sourcing projects including strategy development, RFQ RFP execution, supplier negotiation, award recommendations, business case presentations and supplier contract execution.
- Communicating frequently and professionally with customer stakeholders regarding the status of the procurement aspect of the project including creation of Statement of Work and other sourcing and contracting documents.
- Identifying suitable supply partners based on offering, capability and capacity as part of the Global Supplier Inclusion & Sustainability initiative.
- Identifying cost/productivity improvement opportunities in IT/Telecom spending, across the supplier base.
- Work with team members to enhance their and own business and category knowledge.
- Reporting on targets, achievements and key deliverables.
- Work closely with the Global & Regional Category Leads to ensure alignment of local activity with the Global Category Strategy.
- Collaborating with partners of the organisation and stakeholders from different geographies to deliver the best value outcome.
- Identify opportunities to leverage category expertise, best-practice tools and techniques by building a network within Procurement Plus.
- Driving new initiatives such as automation processes, using Accenture’s existing toolsets aimed at improving productivity and efficiencies.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- 5 – 7 years of experience in the procurement sourcing (experience in IT sourcing would be desirable)
- Italian and English fluency is a must (German fluency will be a plus)
- Demonstrated success at navigating in a multicultural environment across different time zones and countries.
- Understanding of the legislation in the Italian region related to procurement and to the use of subcontractors.
- Understanding of supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management, with experience in supporting or delivering tender management and negotiating agreements or Service Level Agreements.
- Skills in manipulating data and a quick learner of new systems and tools, with the ability to understand and develop pricing models and analyses/interpret commercial proposals.
- Strategic sourcing and category management expertise including contract drafting, and contract law.
- Excellent negotiation & influencing skills while engaging with senior management within Accenture or Accenture’s suppliers.
- Strong stakeholder and supplier relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and leading where appropriate.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and deliver own work. Time management.
- High standard of empathy towards the stakeholder and listening ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate/High level Microsoft Office proficiency including expertise in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
What academic qualifications do you need?
- Business Related Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional Procurement Qualification or IT Service Management qualification (MCIPS/CIPS qualification would be desirable)
What’s in it for you?
Procurement Plus is part of Accenture Operations. All our Operations professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
COVID-19 update: The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually.
Accenture employs more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries with unrivaled experience and specialized skills in more than 40 industries. At Accenture, we use the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, employees, shareholders, partners and communities.