Czech Republic: Home to Over a Million Foreigners, Brno Job Fair Aims to Enhance Employment Integration

The Czech Republic has become a major refuge for approximately 6.5 million Ukrainians fleeing the war, of whom 381,400 have stayed in the Czech Republic (UNHCR, 2024), ranking it as the third most popular destination for those seeking safety and stability.

According to the data from the Ministry of the Interior, as of January 31, 2024, 580,248 Ukrainians live in the Czech Republic, out of a total of 1,072,567 foreigners, which constitutes approximately 10% of the overall population.

The Jobspin Job and Relocation Fair aims to enhance the socio-economic integration of foreigners in the Czech Republic. This year in Brno, for the first time, the fair focuses on the growing community of Czech-speaking Ukrainians and enhancing their opportunities in the Czech job market.

Stats: Employment of Ukrainian Refugees in the Czech Republic

The 6th wave of the Voice of Ukrainians research, conducted in 2022 by PAQ Research and supported by UNICEF, focuses on the integration of Ukrainian refugees in the Czech Republic. According to this research, almost 70% of economically active refugees have already found a job in the Czech Republic; however, most of them are working below their qualifications. Only 16% of working refugees are employed in the same field as they were in Ukraine; the remaining 84% work in fields other than their original ones, thus creating a potentially very interesting pool of candidates for local employers.

According to the 2023 report on the socioeconomic situation of Ukrainian refugees in the Czech Republic, by the International Organization for Migration, around half of the refugees have completed tertiary and university education. Major fields of education for women are Business, Administration, and Law (27%), Services (13%), Engineering, Manufacturing, and Construction (13%), Education (12%), and Healthcare and Social Care (10%). Major fields of education for men are Engineering, Manufacturing, and Construction (56%), Business, Administration, and Law (15%), and the nowadays often-requested Information and Communication Technology (8%).

Brno Jobspin Job and Relocation Fair: Opportunities for Everyone

The Jobspin Job and Relocation Fair in Brno, taking place on October 5, 2024, at the BVV Brno Trade Fairs, is set to be a comprehensive event aimed at facilitating the integration of English-speaking and Czech-speaking expats, including Ukrainian citizens.

This year’s Brno Jobspin Job and Relocation Fair will be held under the auspices of the Mayor of Brno, JUDr. Marketa Vankova, and will be co-organized with the Center for Foreigners of the South Moravian Region.

The fair will be bilingual this year (English and Czech) – for the first time, the event is open also to the citizens of Ukraine who are proficient in Czech and seeking a job in the local economy. Moreover, this Jobspin fair will focus on key sectors for the South Moravian Region such as Healthcare, IT, R&D, and Social Care.

The fair will host about 60 exhibitors, offering a unique platform for expats to connect with significant international employers and service providers such as CzechVisaLawyer, Axians, RWS, the Czech Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, OVB, and many more, offering employment and expat-friendly services.

The Brno Relocation Fair will provide essential relocation services throughout the day, such as access to banking, legal advice, schooling, and visa services, helping to smooth the transition for expats moving to or settling in Brno.

Fair visitors can engage directly with potential employers and benefit from various presentations and workshops aimed at enhancing job-seeking skills and transitioning to the Czech Republic.

To join the Brno Jobspin Job and Relocation Fair to promote your company among a large audience of international candidates and showcase your services and products to foreigners in the South Moravian Region, send us an email to or call us at +420 608 12 12 84. We will send you an email with the list of services and prices, and an official registration form. Also, exhibitors can fill out this form for the Jobspin team to contact them. Visitors can register here.

Job Fairs & Seminars, News, Press Releases